Welcome to Tavlos Studio Gallery
Welcome to my website, buckaroos and friends. I have been painting my colorful, whimsical work for over 40 wonder filled years now and counting. Here you will find my current and past works featuring:
• Coyote 25th Anniversary: Special Limited Edition 25th Anniversary Sonny Boy Koshari Coyote Sculpture.
• Classics: Gives you a retrospective of the work I have created in Santa Fe.
• Originals: Provides one-of-kind originals of all of my work.
• Serigraphs: Contains the complete archive of remaining limited edition serigraphs of my famous howling coyotes.
• New Chicago Work: Contains my new Chicagoscapes and the music series.
• Going To The Dogs Series: Contains my commissioned portraits of our best friend.
• Prints, Posters, DVD's: Contains Posters of Sonny Boy and his gang of party animals, a wide variety of photographic prints of my work and a DVD multi-media coloring book.
• Murals: The Mural section is just that, it contains all of the murals (God bless those patrons) I have been commissioned to create including my first and latest public mural here in Chicago.
The welcoming photo to your left is of myself and my Greek Diva wife, Janice Pantazelos. She is a very talented world renowned mezzo soprano opera singer and a true inspiration to me. She was born and raised in Chicago and her school, the Chicago Studio of Professional Singing, is there and she was not going to leave her family, her school and her beloved Chicago. So now Buckaroos, I get the best of both worlds and split my time between Chicago and Santa Fe, NM. For over 40 years, I have been creating works of art inspired and influenced by the Native American and Hispanic cultures of the Southwest and, of course, the magical landscapes and majestic vistas of New Mexico and Arizona. Now I get to balance my inspiration and interpret Chicago's breathtaking beauty and architecture into my own inimitable iconography; the new work is called The two Greek lovers in Chicago Series: the Diva and the Artiste. I refer to them as my Chicgaoscapes. I have also created another new body of work inspired by my amazing wife which I call The Diva's music series.
Friends, the beauty of the Southwest and Chicago speaks for itself. I am so thankful that my work speaks from my experiences in this magical Land of Enchantment and the addition of the wondrous city by the lake, Chicago. For me, that is what this is all about, sharing a little bit of that magic with you; so, friends and buckaroos of all ages sit back, relax, smile a little or a lot and enjoy a little magic on me. For those of you who have collected my work, thank you so very much! Your support and sharing my passion allows me the honor to call myself an artist; I have been truly blessed by you all!